Monday, January 12, 2015

Weekend Project

It is almost impossible for me to just sit around during the weekend and not do anything. I'll be honest... I have been losing my energy lately and it can be depressing. But I try my best to stay busy and doing something. This weekend, I spent time in Zane's old nursery. This room is going to be my new craft room and basically just an overflow room for extra stuff... We have a lot of it!

Here are the "before" pictures... I had to fill quite a few holes in the wall from where I hung stuff in Zane's nursery.


Next I measured and taped the wall. Each line was 12 inches. It worked out perfectly because my white baseboard flows into the last white line which ended us measuring at 12 inches.

Then I painted every other stripe white. I originally was going to buy new white paint.. But my hubby and I decided to save money and use the extra trim color from the rest of the house. I was skeptical at first because it is a semi-gloss white and our walls aren't a semi-gloss. But, it actually turned out perfect! And I saved $$$. I put 2 coats of white paint on- pretty thick.

I still have some touch up to do in the grey areas (we need to go get more of our wall paint). I also plan on hanging my old mosaic mirror I made awhile back on this wall. I still have to get my hubby to move it for me.. It's heavy!
 

In the end, I LOVE how it turned out. I originally wanted to do a striped wall in the house when we moved in.. But when you are remodeling and repainting every inch of the house- you kind of want to just get it done! So I eventually got around to doing it :)

OH and I have to add one more thing.. I did this ALL BY MYSELF! haha I just love when I do things all on my own without any help from my hubby. (And I'm sure he loves it too). He spent the day relaxing and playing with Zane while I was working away!

No comments:

Post a Comment