Saturday, January 31, 2015

MIA...

I've been a little MIA recently... We have had my dad living with us for the past week after he experienced a stroke. He is doing well but still needs 24/7 care due to his chances of falling. Although it is not ideal for him to have a stroke (obviously) we have taken this experience and are making the best of it. He is getting to spend a ton of time with his grandson and also his daughter and son in-law. What could be better! :) 

I am loving cooking delicious meals for him and taking good care of him. Zach is taking full advantage of his wood working skills and getting lots of ideas (and moderate help) with our Florida room renovation. And Zane is loving a new playmate and cuddle buddy. My dad is loving it. Just look at these two besties on the couch.. 

My dad also helped Zach put Zane's new toddler bed together.. 
Zane loves his new bed! Whenever someone comes over to the house, he always run to his room and hops on his bed and shows how proud he is of it. We are not fully transitioning him to sleep in it yet (we have quite a bit going on right now). We have used it for naps though and he does really well! 

This week, my mom and I also tried some new recipes for Zane. I posted my pics on Facebook and had quite a few people ask for the recipes. Here is the article we used.. http://eatlocalgrown.com/article/13878-processed-kids-snacks-you-should-avoid.html

We made the smoothies, crackers, and fruit snacks. 
These recipes were very simple and sooo much healthier for little ones. Surprisingly, Zane absolutely loves the green smoothies. I was having a hard time getting him to eat any other veggie than corn and peas. I snuck kale, spinach, and all kinds of other yummy greens in these smoothies. Haha momma wins! 

Update on Nash-- this little guy literally moves all day long! And I LOVE it! He is so active and he makes me so happy when he's dancing around.. :) I caught some kind of crazy bug the other day.. Ugh. Not fun! And definitely not what I needed right now. But 2 days later.. I'm feeling better and still just really tired. 

I stopped working completely (again).. That part time job just wasn't worth it. I am focusing 100% on my family and myself. (That feels good to say). 

This weekend we plan on lots of relaxation, family time, and some Florida room renovation... 

Our family has had many obstacles thrown our way recently.. But we are as strong as ever and truly feel blessed on a daily basis. My daddy's stroke has opened his eyes and helped him realize that he wants to be around for a long time to enjoy his kids and grandkids for many years to come. He is already talking about lake trips this summer. We just can't wait! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment