Sunday, February 15, 2015

Weekend fun, & projects galore!

We had a much needed relaxing (but productive) Valentine's Day weekend as a family. We started Saturday (valentines day) off right with some delicious heart-shaped (of course) red velvet pancakes and bacon (well Zane had bananas). Zane loved the pancakes! 
Look at that handsome little ladies man!!! 😘😍
 We spent the rest of the day shopping around and finishing the shelves for the boys' room. I originally wanted to just find some shelves somewhere but my hubby decided he would much rather make them. Glad we chose his route, because they turned out great! 
I was also able to finally find some curtains. These are shower curtains that I found at Walmart. We have shower curtains in our bedroom too as curtains. Chelck it out... 
Regular curtains can be $15 (per panel).. Each window needs 2 panels. So basically your spending $60 for 2 windows. I buy shower curtains that's are $15 a piece and you only need one per window.. Therefore you're saving $30. (Depending on the price of the curtains you want). I also add curtain hooks to one side to open them up. 
In the boys' room, I hung my curtain rods at the very top of the ceiling.. This worked out perfectly for the room previously when it was my makeup room.  Instead of moving the curtain rods, my mom and I are going to add some superman material to the red curtains I bought to lengthen them. We are going to use a sheet that matches their bedding to tie it all together. I'll post pics once we do this project. 

So back to Valentine's Day...

Zach and I started a tradition several years ago (without really knowing). We enjoy cooking a yummy dinner at home instead of going out.. I'm not huge on going out to dinner, especially on nights like Valentine's Day. Too busy for me.. So instead we made shrimp, crab legs, steak, asparagus, and baked potatoes. Yum! It was declious and we love being able to enjoy a nice relaxing meal at home. Cheaper and less of a crowd. Zane tried shrimp for the first time and loved it! 

We are also finally finishing up our Florida room renovation.. I absolutely cannot wait to utilize this room more come spring/summer. By that time, Nash will be here and we can spend the days outside playing/having pool time. 

Here are just a few pics.. I will do an entire post of "before" and "after" pics soon.. 
Zach made this ottoman and I covered it. We still need to stain the legs... The top comes off and it is a coffee table underneath. We made this because we wanted an ottoman to match our couch. When we bought the couch, the ottomans were $300 (which was almost the exact same price we paid for the couch but they were tiny). We made this one and wanted it big enough so that it could be moved to one side and used as a chase lounge. It works out perfectly and only cost us about $100 (if that). 
The corner cabinet was a garage sale find by my mom and I repainted it. A tv will be going above it.
We used this table a ton at our old house because it was the perfect size. This is the "before" pic..  I wanted it a different color because it clashed with the wall too much. So I painted it...
Looks much better white!
I threw this center piece together while doing some other projects... I used burlap for a runner and painted mason jars the same color I have some other furniture in the room. I also added some more burlap to the one mason jar and glued it to a candle stick. Then added some flowers I had laying around. 
I also repainted this piece the same color to match my ottoman and other cabinet. We will be putting another one on the other side of the couch. 
I found 2 of these lamps ($2 each) at a garage sale last year and repainted them. They were an ugly gold before. I also just now found 2 matching lamp shades for them for $2 each at a thrift store. I plan on covering the lamp shades to spice them up a bit. It's on the "to do" list.

Progress is being made and this momma is ready for some warmer weather!


No comments:

Post a Comment