Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Cabin Fever...

It has been insanely cold and snowy here the past few days, which means extra quality time with my hubby. Since he works outside, he stays home on really cold/snowy days... Zane has been  extremely excited (and me too) to have daddy home all day with us. We have had endless cuddles, relaxation, movie marathons, and play time. It has been great!

I however, get cabin fever easily... Therefore I've been getting bored. We did manage to get out of the house Tuesday to go visit Zach's grandma and drop off a picture/frame to her that Zach fixed up for her. We had a nice little visit. When we got home, we decided to bundle Zane up and take him outside for a little while- just to get some fresh air and play in the snow a bit. He loved it!  
This was his first time playing in the snow :) we only stayed out for 20 mins or so, but it was worth it. 

Zane LOVES playing with his daddy! They are so cute together and laugh tons. And they are so silly together...
This picture cracks me up... These TMNT masks are from Zane's 1st bday party. He loves to put them on and have us put them on too... But you can't see anything out of them. Haha 

I also got bored and compared my baby bump pics at 26 weeks . Zane on the left and Nash on the right. I'm not sure if I look the exact same or maybe a little bigger with Zane.. Either way, it's fun to compare the two! Nash is moving like crazy... He is very active and I am loving it! 

Today (Wednesday) Zach decided to be productive and work on the flooring in our unfinished hallway.. 
This is the hallway from our kitchen to our garage. To the right is my pantry/storage room and to the left we have our laundry room/wash room. We remodeled the pantry last winter and finished the floor in there, but waited to start the hallway. The laundry room/wash room is our LAST room to remodel in the house! Wow! I can't even believe it... It will probably be next winters project. This spring/summer we are focusing on the outside again. 

In November, I temporarily painted the 70s style vinyl flooring in the hallway just to make is presentable.. When zach removed some of the kitchen tile to lay the flooring, he exposed it again. It was so ugly! So glad I never have to look at that again. 

Whenever Zach is doing a project, Zane INSISTS on being a part of it and helping. It is too stinking cute! He runs and gets his hammer and starts hammering everything.. 
He even insisted on helping daddy drill... 

In the end, it looks great! 

He stopped on the left side for now.. He still needs to add baseboard and we will eventually be replacing the door. 

This is my pantry/storage space...

While daddy worked on the floor, Zane and I did an art project and then had bath time. Here is our Batman, Spider-Man, and The Hulk art project... Of course I helped out a lot with this project.. 
He also took almost a 3 hour nap in his big boy bed. I checked on him several times.. He fell to one side at some point but when I went to check on him again later, he migrated back onto his pillow. He is getting so big... 

Speaking of Zane being such a big boy...

He really impressed me while we did our art project today. I always have done projects using his hand prints, and they aren't easy! However, I did them today for the first time in awhile and he listened so well. He didn't touch anything when I asked him not to and he followed my directions. I can't believe how much he has grown. His personality is really shinning through more and more each day. I love seeing him grow and learn.

He knows all of his body parts, can point to them and say them. He does puzzles all by himself.. He will bring me an empty puzzle and will run to his playroom to find the correct pieces and put them in the correct spot. He knows animal sounds and will point to their picture when we ask him to. He eats his meals the best he can with his fork/spoon and uses his words when he needs to. He even enjoys all my healthy food I make him... which always makes me really happy. His vocabulary is very good and I am usually able to understand what he is saying/what he wants. He listens to what I say, repeats things, and does what he is told (most of the time..haha). Don't get me wrong, he has "those days" but overall he is such a good little boy. He loves to do puzzles, color, play with cars, and his tools. He uses his imagination and talks to people on his play phone, makes car noises when he "drives" them, and crash noises.. He tells me in sign language and by using his words when he is hungry, thirsty, has pooped, he says more, please and thank you, etc.. And most of all, I love that he responds to our questions with a "yes" or "no". This cracks me up. He understands what we are saying and with legitimately answer our questions. 

I am loving this age and being able to stay at home with him to watch him grow. I am going to soak up every second I have with him for the next 3 months until our little Nash is here. I know once he makes his appearance, it's no longer just mommy, daddy, and Zane..  We have a lot to look forward to when he arrives, but for now we are going to cherish these moment with just Zane Marshall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment