Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas!!!

It's Christmas Eve and my baby has been sick for the past 4 days... We ended up taking him to the ER Monday night. He was really starting to worry his daddy and I- He wasn't drinking and he has barely ate anything since Saturday night. I am praying he is better for Christmas with family tomorrow.

This Christmas I have been thinking about things a lot.. "things" as in our kids, family, etc. I really feel as though people are forgetting about what Christmas is really about. It's not about the gifts. To be completely honest, I'm a little nervous to see how much stuff my 15 months old is going to get this Christmas. Between his daddy and I, plus all his grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc etc... Really?!? I don't think we're even going to have the room for all this stuff. Obviously people want to buy gifts for the children. I'm just going to be a little bit more aware of things next year (as I am going to have 2 boys). Mommy is going to be doing a lot less spending then she was. I was constantly buying things for my child, so when it came to his birthday and Christmas, he didn't really "need" anything. And the things he does "need", people don't really buy him. Plus, I guess they wouldn't be any fun to open.

I've also seen on pinterest how parents will have their children go through their toys and donate them. I definitely plan on doing this every year before Christmas with my kids- what a great way to give back and teach them that they don't need everything.

I feel like this year has been especially worse when it comes to shopping. Black Friday is starting on Thanksgiving night... stores are open on Christmas Even until 12:00 and also on Christmas day. What about the people that have to work at these stores?!?! how unfortunate that they don't get to spend time with their family/friends on the holidays because they work retail and it's more important that everyone is out shopping instead. I feel sorry for the individuals who don't have a choice but have to work during these times.

My husband and I are constantly wanting to start new traditions with our little family all throughout the year. For Christmas, we started all kinds of traditions. Last year we started cutting down our Christmas tree, this year we started the Elf on the Shelf, making gingerbread houses, and an advent calendar. I'm sure as the kids get older, we will start lots more traditions. Tonight, we don't have any plans other than to spend it with each other. We were watching the news last night and discovered a house nearby that has a light display to Christmas music. I think we will take Zane there tonight and make this a Christmas Even tradition each year.

Hope everyone enjoys the Holidays!!! Lots of Love form the Bourelle Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment