Monday, September 21, 2015

Zane is TWO!

My sweet, funny, courageous, fun loving little boy is two today. I'm almost speechless while writing this thinking about what the past two years has been like for my little family. In a nutshell... It has been everything I could ever want and more. 



 

We are going to be spending the day with friends at youngs dairy! Eating ice cream and having fun! Then cake after dinner tonight.. But the real fun with start this weekend at his party! 

Zane has loved his birthday wishes... and us singing to him. He keeps saying "birthday cake" and "two!" when we ask how old he is. 

Now, taking a look back..

From the moment I found out I was pregnant (Jan 9th, 2013- my husbands birthday) I was overjoyed. I always wanted to be a mommy. As soon as we got married, I was ready to be pregnant. 3 months after our wedding, it happened. We were so excited! 



The timing was perfect and I started working my first job after getting my masters and we were getting ready to buy our first home. 



When he was born, I remember looking at him and just feeling complete. He was everything I ever imagined. I would look at him and I just couldn't believe my hubby and I created something so perfect.


Our NICU stay was 2 weeks long. 


This was our only picture together.. I didn't like taking photos during those two weeks. My mom kept telling me I needed to. I said I didn't want to remember him like this. Now, I regret not getting more. 


However, I did want to document us leaving... Here is us right before we were discharged.

I had a longer maternity leave from work because of Zane's surgery and I was sad to leave him at daycare after that. I made it for several months but after awhile I expressed to zach that I just wasn't happy working every day and missing out on the most important times with our baby. Luckily, he agreed that it was better for me to stay home with Zane. I am incredibly thankful for the support that my hubby gives me. He makes it possible for me to be the mommy I truly want to be.

I put in my two weeks notice and the day after I worked my last day, I found out I was pregnant with Nash. I was thankful I got to spend those last months with just Zane and I and having that special time before Nash came. It was just in time for Zane's 1st birthday. We threw him the ultimate TMNT party! It was a blast. 





And now, we are ready to celebrate his 2nd birthday with a superhero theme this weekend. We have a bounce house rented and I made superhero masks for all the kiddos. Fingers crossed to good weather' 

So ,I'm not going to throw a huge elaborate bday party every year for my kids... But right now I just want to do this for my babies. I enjoy planning parties and having a fun reason to get all of our loved ones together. 

I had to do this side by side of Zane when he was a baby and now... 


So now at 2.. 

Zane literally repeats everything I say. He vocabulary is exploding and he is learning new and fun things every day. I love when he uses his manners and is polite. Melts my heart when he says "pleasssse mommy" and "love you too". 

He loves puzzles, saying "turtle power" and playing TMNTs, wearing his superhero capes, any kind of water play, books, outside time... Just being a happy and energetic little boy! 

Since summer is coming to an end, I have decided to get Zane into more activities. I started work-out classes with my friend and now he gets a small amount of time in child care but I also want him in some kind of gym class. I am signing him up for a "parent and tot" gym class where he will be able to run around and get some energy out. It will be perfect for the months ahead. I spent a lot of time inside last winter and this winter won't be the same. We plan on staying busy, getting energy out, and taking full advantage of our time together. 

We are super excited for fall and all the fall fun activities we have planned ahead. Hope everyone is enjoying the weather! 

Until next time... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment