Sunday, September 6, 2015

Hands full... Heart fuller.

Hands full.. Heart fuller. So much meaning in 4 little words.

On a daily basis I find myself learning new things, facing new challenges, taking a minute to smile and feel blessed, and also sometimes feeling as though I'm going to loose it. Hello motherhood. But not only that, hello stay-at-home mommy hood! (Is that a thing? Well, it is to me!) :)

There are days where I feel like one hour is more like 4... And there are days where I just sit and think... Or maybe I'm playing with Zane or rocking Nash. And I just think. There is nowhere else I would rather be. But here raising my babies. 

The other night Zach took the boys to dinner at his parents house. I was going to go until I mentioned to Zach that I was tired and had not got the laundry done or took a shower yet. Usually these things would have been done. It wasn't a "bad" day, just a slow day. I ran errands and my cousin came to visit me and the boys. Actually, it was a really good day. But I was still just tired. So, he suggested I stay home and relax for the evening. So I did. I took a nice hot bubble bath with my headphones in and no one home. It was nice! But then as I relaxed on the couch I started missing my boys already. But I still enjoyed my alone time. I NEED those times (every mom does).  And thankfully I have a husband that understands that (even when I don't). And yes, I had me a couple of nice cold beers to go along with that hot bath. 

Today, my timehop so kindly reminded me that this time last year, I was finishing my last week up at fortis college. Here is what I wrote...



As I read this, I smiled. Everything I wrote is true to this day. I can't believe it's already been a year since I stopped working. I feel like I'm just as busy now as I was when I was working. I like being busy though. If anyone thinks I sit at home and just watch my kids play all day, they are horribly mistaken. This momma in on the go! Shopping, crafts, play dates, parks, family, friends... We're busy! 

Quick subject change... Is it possible my 3 month old is teething? I know for a fact Zane didn't teethe this early. But, Nash is constantly chewing on his hands, drooling, has been more cranky the past couple days, and has been cluster feeding. Not sure if it's teething or not, but it seems like it. 

We finally transitioned him into his crib a week or so ago... It has gone good and he has adjusted well. He wakes up pretty early as of right now so I hope we can change this soon.. Hahaha. Zane was in his crib a lot earlier than this, but I just wasn't ready to let me baby go yet. Once again, I was more afraid of the change than he was. He is growing too fast!

Until next time... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment