Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Nash- 2 months

Just look at this sweet boy! 
And he is already 2 months old. We just had his first shots and check up a little late because our doc was out of town. Have I mentioned that we LOVE our pediatrician! He is amazing- and so are all the other docs I've meet with at ohio pediatrics. I haven't been disappointed with anyone and that's so important to me. Our doc has even squeezed us in between appts last minute. It was so nice!

Look how big I am! 



He is 12 lbs 15 oz (50th percentile)
23 in long (30th percentile)
16.5 in head circum (80th percentile)

Both of my boys have big heads... Lol 


Zane holding bubbys hand before he got his first shots... (And no, I didn't ask him to. Lol she just does it!). Little did Zane know, he was getting some too! 

I took a different route when it came to immunizations for Zane.. I didn't like him getting more than 2 shots, so my doc made sure we did only 2 at a time and scheduled his shots accordingly. I just don't feel comfortable with my baby getting so many shots at once. I am choosing to do the same with Nash. I talked closely to my cousin, Mandy, and what route she took for her girls. I was very unsure at the beginning with Zane and she helped me out. I think it's scary to give them so many at once. Just my personal preference. 

Nash is growing like crazy and already doing so many things! Zach insisted (and I mean insisted) on getting the exercaucer out, so we did.  We have to put a blanket around him to make him fit, but he loves it. He hits and plays with his toys already. He will do it for about 15/20 mins max and is done. He also is liking his bumbo and playmats. He is fitting into 6 month sleepers and some 6 month clothes. I feel like he is so much bigger than Zane was. 

I was really good about documenting everything with Zane and I have thankfully kept things up with Nash. If I was working full time like I used to, I probably wouldn't have. I am LOVING my project life app on my phone. I have written posts about it before but I just recently ordered and received my first prints! They are amazing. They charge $2 for every 12x12. Which is actually a great price. I had about 40 pages to print and every one turned out perfect. The app allows me to create pages on my phone with my phone pictures. I take a lot of pictures with my phone so this works well for me. I also have a camera that I print pictures from and then I use my actual project life materials I own for those pictures. Both ways are fun and I love it! The app is the perfect answer to those busy moms who want to document and scrapbook their babies! 

Here are some pics of the print outs I ordered. You can even choose the background color and I plan on writing my own words in some places





Here are some examples of actual pages I have made... 




This is Nash's scrapbook...

They look blurry because they are in plastic sleeves. But they look perfect in person. My boys and hubby will probably make fun of me and the amount of pictures we have, but it's my passion.. Lol I hope my boys learn to love looking at these as they grow older. I know I love looking back at them now, so I know my hubby and I will love looking back at these many years from now. 

Updates on Zane:

Zane is going to be 2 next month... Holy cow! He is doing so well. He listens to mommy (most of the time) and is speaking SO GOOD! So good that we need to start watching what we're saying. Lol. He repeats everything! And I love how he answers me. I have taught him to say "yes, mommy" and things like "snack please, mommy" "love you too" and "thank you, mommy". Of course all these mommys can be replaced with "daddy" too. :) Melts my heart! When he doesn't say things, I say what he needs to say and have him repeat it. It sinks in and he starts saying it more and more. My kid is very intuitive and he amazes me daily. I have enjoyed being home with him and teaching him new things. It's amazing. 

He also loves his lil bro. He says "good morning, Nash" and "hi, bubby" and it's adorable. Zane is loving books (as always), puzzles, cars, little people, outside cars, baseball, and the water. He cleans up (for the most part) when I ask him to and sings the "clean up" song with me. I also catch him turning his radio on in his room, dancing to the music and singing the words he knows. It cracks me up!

He is also ALMOST completely weaned off of his wubbanub (pacifier). He never has is during the day anymore and only gets it at nap time (and sometimes bed time). I have to say... I didn't think this was going to happen anytime soon. But, he is doing great and doesn't even ask for it anymore. He is also getting more interested in his potty. He has been bringing me all of his potty training books to read and seems to be more interested in it recently. But, we are taking things slow. I'm in no hurry but definitely encourage it when he's interested. 

And he is as handsome as ever. And did I mention he is all boy! Loves to wrestle with his daddy and sometimes doesn't realize mommy is not "the wrestler"... Although I still end up with bruises. Lol gotta love being a boy mommy! 

Seriously though, I am loving it! ❤️ 

On a side note...

I am super excited to be celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary this month! Me and the hubby are possibly spending the weekend at the lake, but we will see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment